Every year I love the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, because it lets me stock up on basics and buy some Christmas gifts at a big discount. I know that every blogger is covering this sale (and I’m not a fashion blogger), but I’m always looking for the best deals so that’s what I’m sharing today.
What’s popular during the sale? Bags from Tory Burch, shoes from Cole Haan, activewear, coats and outdoor essentials from The North Face… they’re all items you’ll see sell out fastest during this sale each year.
This year I’m focused on women’s and baby/kids!
The Best Deals from the Nordstrom Sale
- During this sale is when I buy my activewear, specifically my Zella high rise leggings that I wear constantly in the fall and winter months. My favorites are a version with POCKETS, which I got in last year’s sale. Definitely getting another pair of these this year! (Note: These do go on sale throughout the year, but rarely in the neutral colors.)
- Check out the shoe selection – booties and knee-high boots usually sell out!
- This Barefoot Dreams cardigan is a must-have. SO soft and cozy, and it makes a great gift!
- Kate Spade initial necklaces – almost half price and affordable as a Christmas gift for your best friend
- Sunglasses: Prada under $200! (My favorite sunglasses are Prada and I’m now on my second pair)
- The BEST bra is rarely ever on sale in basic colors
Head straight for the brands that rarely go on sale, like
The Little Giraffe blankets are SO soft and worth it. (Both of my kids have them, and I always snag them if they’re not being used!)
I’m also looking at these adorable toddler booties (start at size 8 toddler) because the detail is just too cute. (My 3 year old would LOVE the gold with rainbow details.)
What to Skip
A lot of the clothing items you could easily find at Nordstrom Rack or on sale later include a lot of Tucker + Tate, Adidas, Nike, etc.
I’d also skip the car seats and strollers, because I’ve seen better prices at other retailers during the year.
I usually place a couple of orders during the sale every year. First I order what I really want that I think will sell out. Then I go back and order basics: things like basic t-shirts or designer denim. This year will be a little different because it seems like Nordstrom doesn’t have so many newer styles for this year… it’s a lot of the good old staples, so most of what I buy will be gifts and stuff for the kids!
If you’re looking for style inspiration with some of the fall pieces included in the sale, you can always use the Shop LTK app to see how bloggers are styling their top picks.