I love a good list, and I’ve been keeping these sorts of to do/bucket lists since high school. One that I haven’t made progress on in about 2 years is my 50 Before 50, but hopefully that will change soon! I find that writing things down helps me to get stuff done. So… here’s a glimpse into some of the things I haven’t yet done (like #1… embarrassing.) and some of the exciting things we have coming up!
My Fall To Do List
- Create our wedding photo album. We got married in 2014 and I still haven’t put together those photos into anything we can look at! We have a total of four photos framed from our wedding day that are hanging in the house.
- Have a book created for Eleanor’s first year. Her first birthday is sneaking up on us, and I think it would be sweet to have a book entirely about her first year.
- Celebrate Eleanor’s first birthday with family and friends (plans are in the works!)
- Back up all of my photos in two (or more) places. I’ve already had one external hard drive die on me, and I lost everything on that. So now I’m being super careful because I would hate to lose photos from this crazy year!
- Plan our next vacation! We have a couple of spots in mind already.
- Get back to posting 3x a week here. My time is much more limited than it ever used to be (duh). I find it hard to even post once per week, plus keep up with Instagram. But I love to write, and I love this blog, so I need to make the time!
- Find a workout I like that works with my schedule. I’ve always really liked a pilates studio near me, but there aren’t enough classes during times when I can go. That’s my excuse for why I haven’t been in a while. I’m planning to check out 3 other workouts that aren’t too far from where we live, and I will report back!
- Schedule more play dates for Eleanor. I don’t want her to be overly scheduled, but I want her to be able to play with other kids. I’m planning to start her in swim classes this winter, because she is a big fan of swimming/bath time, and once those temps drop, we can’t swim outdoors anymore!
- Figure out a routine for our week. I’m finding that there are some things that I have a hard time fitting into the week (like grocery shopping!), so I want to have a weekly routine that fits everything in on a regular basis. Obviously, there will be weeks when we are traveling or can’t do everything planned, but I like to have a set routine.
- Completely organize Eleanor’s newborn items. Last week I went through her clothes and organized those into bins, but I still need to figure out how to better store some of the larger items.
What’s the number one thing you want to accomplish before 2018 is over? Is it something sentimental, like digitizing photos (which I was just telling my mom that I want to do! She has boxes of photos from my childhood that we need to do something with)? Or is it getting back to healthy habits?