I recently spent more than I’d like to admit on a body scrub that I love, and I was thinking – why not make my own? During the cold winter months, the oil base is just what my skin needs to keep hydrated, and it makes a great DIY gift alternative to the typical bottle of wine, especially if you like to keep extra gifts on hand – those “just in case” presents! I have a feeling I’ll be making this DIY body scrub for years to come (and not just around the holidays)!
You will need:
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup Sugar in the Raw (or other larger grain sugar)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 cup olive oil
- Jars (I used 8 ounce ball jars, like the kind you would use for canning)
- Optional: Add small wooden spoons, tied to each with twine, for easy use
Note: This recipe fills about 3 jars. If you don’t have Sugar in the Raw, you can use 3 cups granulated sugar instead. The consistency will be a little grainier, but the scrub still works well!
Mix your ingredients together in a large bowl and then scoop into your jars. Tie with something beautiful, add a label, and you’re done! (This is almost too easy to make.)
Do you have a favorite DIY giftable? I’d love to hear about it!