Ubbi Diaper Pail Pros and Cons
- Stylish and comes in a variety of colors
- Can use any standard kitchen sized regular trash bag and doesn’t need a special bags
- Fits into a narrow space
- Steel, doesn’t retain odors
- Easy to change the bag (and easy to figure out at first!)
- Not hands free: You need a hand to open and close the lid for every diaper change. This can be tough if you have a wiggly baby on the changing table.
- Top needs to be unscrewed and cleaned periodically
- Retains odors and needs to be aired out occasionally. I found myself bringing it outside to air every time I changed the bag, which meant carrying it upstairs and downstairs.
Dekor Classic Plus Pros and Cons
- Foot pedal: No hands needed. Step and toss!
- Uses any standard size kitchen bag and doesn’t need any special refill bags
- Comes in a few different colors if you don’t want plain white (soft blue, pink, mint green, and white with gray)
- Easy to change the bag
- Odor control: Even though it’s made of plastic it doesn’t absorb odors like I thought it could
- Not as intuitive to change the bag the first time as other diaper pails. I have a bad habit of throwing out directions before reading them.
- Wider than it is deep. This might not matter to some people but for others with smaller spaces it might be important.
Which diaper pail should I get?The Dekor is now the one I recommend to everyone!To answer a few important other questions…
How do I get the smell out of an Ubbi diaper pail?If your pail smells, and you’ve aired it out outside with the top open, you probably need to unscrew the top part and do a deep clean. Mold can grow in there (moisture + darkness = mold) and cause the smell to linger.
What is the best diaper pail to buy?Out of the three we have tried, I would choose the Dekor. It’s stylish but super functional and SO easy to use! (Get the Plus size, too, unless you are using it as a smaller bathroom trash can. The Plus is the size of most other diaper pails, or slightly larger.)
How often do you need to empty a diaper pail?It depends on how often you’re using it, but probably once a week is fine. If you have an older child though, more is better! With a newborn or an infant not yet on solid food, once a week is plenty.
See more favorite baby & toddler products on my Amazon storefrontWhich diaper pail would you choose?