What you need for an at-home gel mani
- I bought a full kit to start, because it was cheaper than buying each piece individually. Mine came with the lamp, the gel base and top coat, a pink nail color, and primer.
- Lint-free nail wipes
- Cuticle eraser
- A metal nail tool
- Nail buffer
- Nail file
Tips for doing an at-home gel manicure
- Don’t put the polish all the way down to your cuticle.
- Definitely use lint-free nail wipes
- “Cap” your polish by making sure you swipe some across the tip top of your nail. It will make your manicure last longer.
- Don’t skip the prep, including using a cuticle eraser and this tool.