We hosted a small BBQ Wednesday night this week, which was kind of random, totally last-minute, and a lot of fun. Normally we host people on the weekends because of the backyard pool, but because our new fence was finished* early in the week, we thought why not… I think we’ll still stick to mostly weekend parties, but I loved the randomness of having one mid-week!
*kind of finished. There are a couple of things they need to fix, and I hate the way they hung one of the gates so that needs to be fixed before I can say the project is actually done! No offense, men, but sometimes you need to ask a lady before you think a project is done.
With all of the terrible stuff in the news lately, I shared a heartwarming story on my Facebook page earlier this week. I wish people would stop trying to fight violence with violence. Go out and do something positive today – pay for someone else’s coffee (bonus points if it’s a stranger), call a friend (or grandma) just to say hello, send someone a handwritten letter. Just do your part to try to make this world a better place, k?
Now, onto more lighthearted topics like toast.
- Anyone else love avocado toast? I finally introduced T to it last week, and he liked it! Here are some alternatives!
- I recently updated my summer to do list – and then came up with a few more things I want to do. I know that we’re already halfway through the summer already, so I need to get going! Adding: blueberry picking, host one big summer party, and update you all on the progress we’ve made around the house with our recent home projects (kind of left you hanging with this post).
- I get so excited about the Summer Olympics because of the gymnastics, and this year’s Team USA looks incredible. So in case you’re like me and will be soaking it all up in just a few weeks, here are:
Popular posts this week:
- My picks from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2016
- Must-haves from Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale (put them in your cart ASAP!)
- My packing list for 2 weeks in Thailand (who’s planning a trip?)
- 8 products for sensitive skin
Have a great weekend!