Garden peonies: the best fresh flower in my house right now!
I would like to say that this week flew by, but the beginning of the week did not. I’m SO excited that our weekend weather is supposed to be nice, because the past couple of weekends haven’t been that great weather-wise! But our peonies are in bloom, which is the silver lining! They smell amazing right now!
For these roundup posts… do you like them? I love sharing them, but I want to make sure you guys like them, too! Let me know your thoughts, either in the comments below or by email (or you can always tweet me or DM me on Instagram, too!).
Reading: I just finished reading Who Thought This Was a Good Idea? (And Other Questions You Should Have Answers to When You Work in The White House) and found it to be really interesting. It’s a sort-of memoir from a former White House staffer who worked with Obama, Kerry, and some other big names.
Slightly different, but a recent study published shows that when daughters have working moms, they tend to not only have their own career when they grow up, but they have better, higher-paying jobs. And sons spend more time doing household chores and taking care of their own children if their mom worked outside of the home during their childhood. My question: Aren’t most moms “working” moms, whether they’re at home or not? 😉 (But for real… that laundry doesn’t do itself)
(Speaking of rosé, if it’s your drink of choice then you definitely need this rosé pool float!)
New + Noteworthy
I had so many new products to share that I ended up writing a whole blog post about them!
- I am on the hunt for some matching mom-and-me outfits (because why not). I don’t know why more companies don’t make it easier! Shout out to Old Navy for putting together this page of matching items for moms and kids (and dads and kids)!
- Speaking of Old Navy, this swimsuit looks straight out of the J.Crew catalog – but at a fraction of the price
- The post office is coming out with scratch and sniff stamps that feature ice cream – YES. (You can buy them here!)
- I’ve been stalking straw bags after buying my first last summer. I have my eye on this one, this one (navy and white stripes!), and this clutch.
- In other nostalgia news, Crayola has a makeup partnership. I just ordered some of the lip crayons. The packaging is so good!
- The Instagram-museum Museum of Ice Cream has a kids’ line at Target, and some of their items are adorable (banana pjs, looking at you).
Enjoy your weekend!