A couple of weeks ago I introduced you to the brown room in our house that definitely needed some help. In that first week we got a few things done, which I’m so excited about. I was so much looking forward to my gray dining room, and I think it’s coming along nicely!
My initial goals for the dining room were:
- Change the coat closet into a built-in cabinet (because who puts a coat closet in the dining room)
- Lighten the wall color to brighten the room
With a gray dining room, we could keep the gold frames. This was important to me because honestly, I didn’t want to have to reframe all of the art for the dining room.
What we did:
- Changed the coat closet into a built-in cabinet (YAY)
- Lightened the wall color to gray
What needs to be done:
- Finish the built-in
- Change out the curtains (we hung these up again to see what we thought, and I still don’t like them)
- Hang up art
- See if I can use the same chandelier but change out the yellowish shades you see in the picture above
- Figure out what to do in the corner (pictured below)
With the two biggest things out of the way, I feel like this room might actually look awesome in the next few weeks!
P.S. I linked up with One Room Challenge – I love seeing the transformation of other people’s rooms!