It’s Friday, and I’m feeling chatty, so here we go.
^ this weekend’s motto
So now that we’re back into our normal schedule, progress around the house has slowed down a bit. We still have quite a few things to get done before I will feel settled and ready for the baby to come, but it looks like it will be slow progress.
Holiday weekends. are awesome, I think we can all agree on that! I’m excited for this 4th of July weekend, because normally it means a lot of fun times with friends and family, plus extra days off from work 😉 There won’t be any new post on Monday, but I’ll see you back here Wednesday!
Maternity life. I’m officially in my third trimester and that is slightly terrifying. Mostly exciting, slightly terrifying. I feel like the beginning of pregnancy was this loooong wait to go from week to week, and all of a sudden it’s flying.
Pregnancy and blogging. …don’t exactly go hand-in-hand when you also work full time. I think I mentioned in one of my bumpdates that I’m attempting to figure out a good schedule for blogging now, especially with my less-than-energized state. I’m also trying to plan ahead so that when the baby is here I can still be posting content but not be completely overwhelmed!
Social media and real life. Krista wrote a post that I think resonated with pretty much every blogger I know. When you’re in the blog game, you want to share as much of your day-to-day as possible, but that means you can cut out of reality. Like you’ll be out to lunch with your friends but you’re not actually there because you’re so focused on taking the perfect Insta Story to share with readers that you miss out on half of the conversation! I’m trying to find the right balance with this myself, so I was glad to hear the same sentiments from others.
Fourth of July sales in full swing. Some of my favorites happening right now:
- Baublebar has up to 75% off select products right now – these tassel earrings and this choker are high on my list
- Banana Republic is up to 50% off
- J.Crew Factory has a 50% off sale (loving these swan critter shorts!)
- Old Navy has dresses as low as $8, shorts at $10… stock up on summer basics!
- For the preggos… A Pea in the Pod has a great sale going on! I just bought a really pretty maxi dress and can’t wait to wear it all summer.
- Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale (#NSale) is coming up soon. Last year I covered the must haves from the sale, and I’ll be doing something similar this year, too!