Things that happened this week:
- I broke my hair straightener (RIP) and keep forgetting that I need to replace it
- It was 87 degrees on Tuesday and then like 40 degrees on Wednesday, so Boston weather basically cannot make up its mind
- I managed to not cook dinner one night this week (thank you, delivery drivers of my area)
- I got to name a puppy for my favorite Southern rescue (where we got Sprout!). Obvi I chose the name “Hank” for my fave actor in life, Tom Hanks
- I went to Target for moisturizer and Tums and left $250 poorer, but I did find the cutest doormat so the trip was def worth it. (I couldn’t find it online, but these three are adorable, too! 1 / 2 / 3)
Links and things
- Did you know there’s a Shopbop sale going on?? If you read more than just this blog, you must know that. If you’ve had your eye on something for a while (like a pair of Hunter boots or a swimsuit by OYE), now is a great time to take advantage of the 20-25% off. A lot of those things rarely go on sale!
My favorites from the sale (these earrings are a steal!):
- I’m intrigued by this post about using supplements and vitamins to “cure” anxiety. I wonder if there’s research to back this up!
- Why millennials love the side hustle
- It seems like everyone is trying meal services these days! Read about my experience with Blue Apron
- This blouse is perfectly on-trend but still works for the office!
- And this clutch is adorable and wallet-friendly at only $25
- P.S. don’t forget about these budget-friendly items, too, all under $50
If you’re local to Boston (or even if you aren’t!), don’t forget that tomorrow is One Boston Day, a day when you can remember the strength of the people of Boston and generosity of people around the world after the marathon bombings in 2013. I pledged a random act of kindness for Saturday, and you should do the same!