We’ve all done it – spent too much money on a swimsuit that you haven’t kept around very long. Years ago, I swore that I would stop doing that and instead get a bunch of cute suits that weren’t as expensive so that I could have more variety in my swimwear. (Having a pool in the backyard also means that I spend a lot of time in a swimsuit during the summer months, so it’s impractical to only think I can have a couple of nice swimsuits.)
My favorite place for swimwear is Target (where I got this gold and white set), but Macy’s this year had some really cute options, including these ruffled tops. I also couldn’t pass up one of the L*Space fringe bikinis. Also pictured: Love my Jack Rogers sandals!
Psst- Target is having a 40% off sale on a lot of their swimwear!
This was the first year I bought a one-piece swimsuit, too. I never thought I’d be back in a one piece before I had kids (read: in my 30s), but there are some really adorable one-pieces out there (that aren’t of the monokini persuasion).
Some of my favorites:
It’s hot and humid in Boston today, but that’s not putting a damper on the excitement of celebrating this country that I love. Here’s a roundup of some of my favorite things around the web today:
- Mackenzie looks adorable in stripes on stripes. Add a red bag and you’re ready for a 4th of July brunch!
- Brit + Co.’s list of products handmade in America
- I’m planning to tackle a marquee letter project soon, but this fake version is spot-on.
- My favorite flip flops are on sale today on Rue! Can’t beat that $20 price.
- Braided summer hairstyles on The Glitter Guide. #4 is my favorite!
- Loving these cursive table numbers. We’re less than 60 days away from our wedding, and I have some major DIYs to take on soon!
There are some pretty great sales going on right now, too. Check these out – they’re worth it!
- Extra 25% off at Piperlime for the next hour (until 3pm EDT)
- $10 off a $30 purchase at BaubleBar (until 7/6) with code JULY4
- J.Crew has 30% off with code JULY
Happy Fourth of July!